Book Your Place
COVID-19 Statement – 7 April 2020
The Board of Trustees has decided that the 2020 Variations Chamber Music course is cancelled because of the current measures in place to control the COVID-19 outbreak and the considerable uncertainty about when these constraints might be lifted. We have taken this decision in the best interests of participants, tutors and audiences but are sorry that we will not gather for our week of music making in Ullapool this year.
We will be organising the next Variations Chamber Music Course for Saturday 24th to Friday 30th July 2021 and will confirm these dates in October this year.
The following information applies to the planned 2020 Variations course and appears here as a guide for those interested in joining us.
Booking for Variations 2020 is now closed
The course fee is £490 (or £440 if booked before 31 March 2020). This includes:
- Welcome reception
- Five mornings of rehearsal with your assigned chamber group with coached sessions on most days
- Individual advice and tuition
- Larger chamber sessions in the afternoons
- Masterclasses/Specialist instrumental clinics
- The opportunity to apply to play a movement as a member of the Edinburgh Quartet in the ‘Apprentice’ sessions
- Complimentary tickets and programmes for the Edinburgh Quartet’s two public concerts
- The opportunity to play at the closing concert
- Lunches, teas, coffees, home baking from Sunday to Friday (except for Wednesday)
- Assistance from the Variations Manager who will be on hand during the week.
We require a deposit of £100 at the time of booking, with the balance payable by 1st June 2020.
Please note that Variations reserves the right to cancel your booking unless full payment is made by this date and that all deposit and balance payments are non-refundable, except in the unlikely case of cancellation of the event where full refunds will be made.
Participants are encouraged to take out insurance in case of having to cancel their place.
Booking for Variations 2020 is now closed.
When you are ready to book, simply download the booking form* and send it with your payment to:
Variations Scotland ℅ Fiona Ross 1 Auchineden House, Blanefield, G63 9AX
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the PDF file. If you don’t already have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it for free by clicking here.