Book Your Place
COVID-19 Statement – 9 November 2020
Variations Chamber Music Course – Saturday 24th to Friday 30th July 2021
Normally we would be inviting applications for the Variations 2021 chamber music course now but you will know that we could not meet under the current lockdown rules.
However, the Variations Board of Trustees are determined that the course will go ahead next July if at all possible – we really do not want to miss another year of music making in Ullapool. We have recently been in touch with the Edinburgh Quartet, Philip Burrin, Rosie Staniforth and Maxi Martin who have all given us enthusiastic support and expressed their hopes that they will be able to join us as Tutors next year.
We are not inviting applications for Variations 2021 yet but will do as soon as we think that the pandemic constraints will allow us to run the event. The preliminary vaccine news this week does give us reason to be hopeful. We are confident that we can compress all the planning and preparation into four months so we will make a decision about whether we can run Variations by the end of March 2021 at the latest.
Booking for Variations 2021 will open in March 2021
The following information applies to the intended 2020 Variations course and appears here as a guide for those interested in joining us.
We will release information about the 2021 course as soon as we can.
The course fee is £490 (or £440 if booked before 31 March 2020). This includes:
- Welcome reception
- Five mornings of rehearsal with your assigned chamber group with coached sessions on most days
- Individual advice and tuition
- Larger chamber sessions in the afternoons
- Masterclasses/Specialist instrumental clinics
- The opportunity to apply to play a movement as a member of the Edinburgh Quartet in the ‘Apprentice’ sessions
- Complimentary tickets and programmes for the Edinburgh Quartet’s two public concerts
- The opportunity to play at the closing concert
- Lunches, teas, coffees, home baking from Sunday to Friday (except for Wednesday)
- Assistance from the Variations Manager who will be on hand during the week.
We require a deposit of £100 at the time of booking, with the balance payable by 1st June 2020.
Please note that Variations reserves the right to cancel your booking unless full payment is made by this date and that all deposit and balance payments are non-refundable, except in the unlikely case of cancellation of the event where full refunds will be made.
Participants are encouraged to take out insurance in case of having to cancel their place.
Booking for Variations 2020 is now closed.
When you are ready to book, simply download the booking form* and send it with your payment to:
Variations Scotland ℅ Fiona Ross 1 Auchineden House, Blanefield, G63 9AX
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the PDF file. If you don’t already have Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it for free by clicking here.